No creative sparks.

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Chapter 2 - Part 2

Side Note - The author had not been updating because she's a lazy potato couch who had been photosynthesizing in the Sun. Or so she wish. She had been working part-time, waiting tables to earn the extra cash she needs for sushi buffet or the pretentious food her ex-classmates love to eat.

So, enjoy the rest of the novel. And thanks for the comments so far.

======================================================

..when I reached the ice-cream man, I ordered my favourite peppermint ice-cream. Peppermint's green and I like the fact that the colour's pretty weird for an ice-cream. The uncle returned my change and I realised I have got enough. I ordered a chocolate chip ice-cream.

"Nah!" I shoved the ice-cream in her face. Lisa was stunned, for sure, her eyes round with a tinge of fear which she tried to hide. She smiled; how rare.

"Thanks," she took the ice-cream from my hands. Bringing the ice-cream to her mouth instantly, licking the sides that were almost dripping. We licked our ice-cream, watching silently as a father and his two children of around 10 played badminton in the small patch of field in front of us.

"Are Ah Pui and Samat your best friends?" Lisa suddenly popped this question. She wasn't looking into my face. She was staring ahead, her face pretty blank.

"Yes....eh, maybe Ah Pui not really, but I have been with Mat from Kindergarden onwards." I said. I licked the melted ice-cream off my fingers, in hope that Lisa haven't caught me doing something so disgusting. But she did. She clucked her tongue and threw me her packet of tissue paper. "Ah Pui I only know him last year when my mother made me attend Maths Tuition at the community center." I continued.

"Okay," she seemed to have lost interest. The Badminton family ahead of us was arguing because the 10-year old girl could not seem to hit the shuttlecock properly. Her brother was calling her 'stupid' and the father seemed to lost the ability to stop the predicted chaos that will come later. Through the time I was watching them, I suddenly had the courage to pop a question to Lisa. The three of us never really asked Lisa much, because she either always give one-word replies, or not answer us at all.

"Who are your best friends, Lisa?" I asked, hoping that the question had came out with the right tone and at the right time. I feared Lisa would get angry and leave.

But she didn't. She finally turned her head to face me, and seem to be thinking of something really hard before she said this:

"You." It came to me, almost like a whisper. Her smile broke into a laughter. All I could do was smile back, as questions started filling my head. I wanted to know more. I wanted to ask Lisa how come she has got no friends of her own age, how come she wants to hang around with three twelve year old boys. And how come she said I was her best friend.

But I knew I don't need the answers to the questions.

8 Comments:

  • i dont know why ah, but i get this feeling that lisa likes the protagonist (sp.?) and might just jump and start humping him. my impression is that she's seducing him!

    or maybe its just me =_='

    horny.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 16, 2004 at 5:39 PM  

  • Great Blog! I also have a site about showcasing gourmet chocolate
    . You can check it out at showcasing gourmet chocolate


    Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

    FREE DVD Camcorder

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 26, 2005 at 6:00 AM  

  • I was thinking Li An, I was checking out sources of info on ice fishing shanty and I stumbled across your post about Chapter 2 - Part 2 that you have a great site here. I'm personally working hard at developing an online business around ice fishing shanty and I'd like to share this site with some of my own subscribers. Thanks for letting me stop by Li An...I'll be back.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 16, 2005 at 9:19 AM  

  • Holy smokes!!! I've been trying all day to find little know sources of "real" people online with thoughts and ideas about ice fishing shanty. I stumbled on to your porst about Chapter 2 - Part 2 and although it's not exactly what I was looking for, it certainly caught my attention. I'm personally building a resource for ice fishing shanty and hope you might stop by and check it out when you have a chance...let me know your thoughts. I'll be sure to send people this way as well. Thanks Li An...Cheers!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 16, 2005 at 8:49 PM  

  • Hey Li An...I was browsing for information on ice fishing equipment when I stumbled on to your blog. I can tell why with your latest post on Chapter 2 - Part 2 it really caught my attention. I'd love to see more information about ice fishing equipment and I'll come back by to see what you have going on here as well. Thanks again!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 21, 2005 at 2:02 AM  

  • I just happened to be surfing for fishing game and and somehow ended here. Don't ask me how but I got major sidetracked. - that's ok! You have a good blog. Well, best of luck and I'm back off looking.

    I wish you luck
    RT at fishing game

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 9, 2006 at 11:19 AM  

  • I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
    the indexes easily.

    Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

    RickJ

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 10, 2006 at 3:02 PM  

  • I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
    the indexes easily.

    Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

    RickJ

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 10, 2006 at 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home