No creative sparks.

Monday, November 01, 2004

A little introduction.

This blog is for the sole purpose of my participation in the online event: National Novel Writing Month (More info at http://www.nanowrimo.org). To put it short: I'm supposed to complete finish writing a online novel which achieve the 50,000 word count, regardless whether the plot makes any sense, or whether it wins me a Pulitzer.

My name's Jiayuan, or JY (Jay-Why) for the convenience of anyone who hates pronouncing Chinese names.I'm really just your typical currently-unemployed Chinese person who lives with 3 Million other Chinese people in Singapore: the country which bans chewing gums, restrict the showtimes of Sex and the City and used to discriminate anyone who emulates Axel Rose's hairstyle.

I write in English because I really suck in my own Mother-Tongue: how typical of the many Chinese kids who were born and raised here. Recently out of school after the struggles of getting a Diploma in IT, I have written some theatre plays while I am not doing programming or deleting chain or spam mail (damn spammers).

The local music and arts scene within Singapore is really non-existent in many eyes as kids here embraces acts like Hillary Duff, Simple Plan, and the huge franchise: Singapore Idol, spawned from American Idol. And I guessed this novel would basically be about my displeasure towards that.

If you're sick of reading this novel which might end up being plotless (just like the many shows on my local TV stations) You can be part of my ramblings at my blog: http://shindigger.blogspot.com. Other than that, just leave me a comment below.

P/S - Excuse the spelling mistakes and bad grammar. :P

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home